Never Alone (1980)
Updated: Sep 21
Never Alone is the third studio album by Christian singer-songwriter Amy Grant, released in 1980 through Myrrh Records.
By this point in her life, Grant had entered her second year at Furman University and developed a budding relationship with studio songwriter and future first husband Gary Chapman. The two songs from the album that they co-wrote obscurely describe their on-again, off-again dating relationship. Although Never Alone was not as popular as its predecessor, the 1979 album My Father's Eyes, it still managed to score a Top Ten Christian hit in "Look What Has Happened to Me."
Produced by Brown Bannister.
2. So Glad (Amy Grant, Brown Bannister, Chris Christian) -4:43
3. Walking Away with You (Amy Grant, Gary Chapman, Chris Christian) -4:25
4. Family (Amy Grant) -2:44
5. Don't Give Up on Me (Amy Grant, Brown Bannister, Gary Chapman) -3:59
6. That's the Day (Bruce Hibbard, Hadley Hockensmith, Kelly Willard) -3:43
7. If I Have to Die (Amy Grant) -3:48
8. All I Ever Have to Be (Gary Chapman) -2:36
9. It's a Miracle (Gary Chapman,Chris Christian) -2:45
10. Too Late (Amy Grant, Brown Bannister, Chris Christian) -3:14
11. First Love (Dawn Rodgers) -2:50
12. Say Once More (Brian Carr, Gwen Moore) -2:27
1980 "Look What Has Happened to Me" - #3 Christian AC/CHR
Previous release: My Father's Eyes (1979)
Next release: In Concert (1981)